Thursday, May 27, 2010

Planes, trains, and the underground

I'm currently sitting in starbucks in a train station in London waiting to go to Nottingham. The flight yesterday was fine. The airports were a breaze. I sat next to a German or Swiss man on the plane. We only exchanged a few words because we didn't know eachothers languages. He was reading some book about Jesus in German, which was a little comforting to know he trusts the same god as me in his own language.
I feel like I haven't seen much of London other than the underground (subway). I didn't fare too well in sleeping last night. I thought that because I got up at 2:30am I would be able to sleep but that didn't hold true. I went to sleep at about 10:30 London time but because my body thought it was 5:30, it woke me up in an hour thinking I was taking a nap. I didn't end up falling asleep till after 4:00 and woke up feeling wide awake at 7:30. I'm sure that will get better when my body adjusts and I feel more comfortable being here.
London is really pretty from what I've walked. That said, I'm looking forward to getting on to the rest of Europe.

No comments: