Friday, July 4, 2008

on missing out

Yesterday we went to the beach. It was the first time I've been to the beach since being in Charleston. It was very odd to walk onto the beach 1000 miles up the coast and feel like it should be the same. It wasn't tho. I was with my parents, which was all fine and good, but it was one of the moments when I really miss Charleston. It isn't entirely Charleston itself that I miss, while I do love the city, but more so, the people I've met there and developed friendships with there. I've been so incredibly blessed to have met so many wonderful people. Every time I think back on my decision to leave for the spring semester my heart aches at the thought of all of that time lost that could have been spent with friends. I often wonder about all of the things I've missed. Whenever I see people's photos on fbook I think, I should be in those pictures. But because of one ill-founded decision, I wasted a semester of my college career and spent my time at home just watching the clock and waiting for it to be over. I intend to live the rest of my college life to the fullest I possibly can. I don't want to miss anything.

No comments: