Thursday, July 3, 2008

Canopy

On the way to the house I took a little detour. There are a few farms and vineyards around so I decided to drive away from civilization and take a look at the stars. It was simply amazing. The stars were so close it looked like you could reach out and pinch one right out of the sky. No moon was visible, which, as I decided in my extremely limited knowledge of astronomy, is why I were able to see so many. It would take hours to count them all and you would undoubtedly lose track of what you had already counted.

Amidst my busy and somewhat tiresome summer that I have mentioned previously, I have seldom stopped to admire my surroundings and enjoy the beauty that only summertime can offer. (The only other time was when I got somewhat lost in central park, which I did not mind at all.) Upon getting out of the car, the light summer night breeze kissed my skin and played with my hair. The sounds were solely of leaves rustling in trees, bugs chirping, and the not so distant ocean waves constantly rolling in and out. It was one of those moments when you know that that is exactly where you are supposed to be at that moment in time. (I think I got that from a movie but that's exactly how it felt.)

1 comment:

t dubs said...

your writing places me in the car stepping out with you.. I love the imagery, it helps me to connect with what your saying.. and i totally relate with that..
it is more of a God thing or maybe what you said is too..
the moment that you realize that you are exactly where God has placed you doing exactly what he has for you.. not a all the time feeling but thank god.. because of the few moments I have experienced it.. the taste still remains fresh in my mouth remembering, not the moment but the assurance that it gave.